Switching songs on live setup with logic pro X

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by torukawahata, Nov 16, 2015.

1. torukawahata macrumors member

torukawahata

Im currently in a band where I have to use a drum backing track, and I'm looking for a way to easily switch to the next song on stage (opening the next project prompts a notification to close or save the current project making me waste some time). Could someone tell me if MainStage 3 has that kind of feature? Maybe if I could bounce the individual songs and put them together in order on MainStage it would help!

2. jacobluecke macrumors member

jacobluecke

3. torukawahata thread starter macrumors member

torukawahata

4. jacobluecke macrumors member

jacobluecke

Sorry, I have no idea why it didn't post my reply there. Probably user error.

Anyway, I just wanted to note that Logic allows you to have multiple song files open at once. So you could test out pre-opening all your live songs. Then when you play them you wouldn't have to deal with dialog boxes.

I'm sure someone else out there has a more elegant solution. Good luck!

5. torukawahata thread starter macrumors member

torukawahata

Thank you for the reply! I already tried that and playback always fails at the first seconds!

6. KevWind macrumors member

KevWind

Unless for some reason you need to be able change the individual drum mix levels on stage . You could export the mixed projects as stereo Wav files to a folder on your desk top and just and play them from there with either I tunes or Quick Time.

7. torukawahata thread starter macrumors member

torukawahata

How about using mainstage? I'd like to know if mainstage has the ability to put tracks in order than use some kind of midi pedal or control to switch to the next song

8. KevWind macrumors member

KevWind

Sorry I'm not familiar with Mainstage, I just know a trio that did what I described and put their sets in order in a folder and used Itunes

9. DPUser macrumors 6502a

Lots of pro shows use my fave, Digital Performer… its "Chunks" feature allows a quick switch from tune to tune or pre-programming a set list.