Switching spaces...widget?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Sdashiki, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

I dont think there is a Widget like this...and since Im no developer I won't speculate as to why.

In any case, is there anyway to switch spaces from a Widget in the dashboard?

Keyboard and mouse commands are not what I am looking for.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

You could make your own widget: http://www.downloadsquad.com/2007/01/08/how-to-make-your-own-dashboard-widget-with-dashcode/ ,
    or find one that lets you assign custom keyboard shortcuts to some area on the widget, which you then just can click.
    You can assign CMD, CTRL or Option/alt + 1-0 to switch directly to space 1-0.

[​IMG]

May we know why you want it that complicated? You first have to evoke Dashboard to switch Spaces, which if you find a solution fo doing so, will close (Dashboard) again before the switch completes.
    Aren't hot corners or even the Spaces icon in the dock [​IMG] simpler to click?
    Applications > Utilities > Spaces

3. Sdashiki thread starter macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

Full disclosure then:

I am using a Mac Mini as a carputer. In other words, Im running a front end app made for the 7" touchscreen that I use instead of a mouse/keyboard.

Now, since there isnt any decent any GPS solution for OSX, I opted for iGuidance under VMWARE Fusion 3 running inside XP SP3. Id like to isolate the front end music app from the GPS app by using spaces. And when I want to see GPS switch spaces.

The front end I am using:
    http://icecubed.comoj.com/index.html

has a quick access button for dashboard. So I believe a widget would be best to handle this.

However, now that I think about it...how do I switch back from the VMWARE space to the front end space without using a keyboard...crap.