switching speaker line out to line in?

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by daily dave, Jan 31, 2011.

1. daily dave macrumors newbie

Hi,
    playing with a imac g4 (OS 9.2, yeah, it's a long story) to try to get some anolog stuff on CD. there's a way to switch the speaker out to line in. how do i find it?
    I'm a total newbie to macs so I need all the gory details like what to open, etc.

also, Macs use a special sized speaker plug? I'm running desk top speakers now through the headphone jack.

2. jackerin macrumors 6502a

If you know that, can't you check with the source? Because I had not heard about such a feature before...

3. ChrisA macrumors G4

As far as I know there are no speaker outputs on any Mac. You will find line out and headphone outputs only these need to go into an amplier of some kind. and digital s/pdiff or newer models

4. daily dave, Feb 2, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2011

daily dave thread starter macrumors newbie

here's the ports on a G4

QUOTE=ChrisA;11821546]As far as I know there are no speaker outputs on any Mac. You will find line out and headphone outputs only these need to go into an amplier of some kind. and digital s/pdiff or newer models[/QUOTE]

left to right: lock, headphone, speaker, (2) fire wire, CAT 5, power cord, telephone jack, (3) USB, external monitor