Switching that "select" button

Discussion in 'macOS' started by applecrag, Feb 18, 2007.

  1. applecrag macrumors regular

    Jun 7, 2004
    Hey guys,

    I know it may have been posted before, but I would have no idea what to look for/search for to find my answer. You know when a dialogue box comes up with the aqua bubble being the button that's hit when "return" is pressed? Well, how can I move that aqua over so one of the white buttons turns aqua? I'm sorry it might sound like a confusing question and it's really not worded right, but I was just wondering if there is a Windows equivalent to this simple little task. Maybe a hotkey or something? Thanks guys and once again sorry for the bad wording.
  2. iMeowbot macrumors G3


    Aug 30, 2003
    On many prompts like that, you can press apple-X, where X is the first letter of the button text. So, for the common Don't Save/Cancel/Save dialog, you could press apple-D to not save. Also, the escape key is usually mapped to the cancel button, if there is one.

    Finally, you can press ctrl-F7 to toggle full keyboard access (you can also set it under the Keyboard Shortcuts tab of Keyboard 7 Mouse system preferences). This will allow you to use the tab key to move between buttons, and press space to click the button.

Share This Page