Switching to 5S from 5C?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lammercy, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Lammercy macrumors regular

I have a 5C on Sprints network right now but just bought a 5S off of Ebay but now I'm just wondering if this is as easy as just popping in the SIM card or do I need to call Sprint and have them handle things? Thanks.

2. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

First off ... Let me say ... Traitor ... Lol I'm just kidding, but I about 95% sure this is something you want Sprint to handle. I know that Sprint SIM are not used the same way AT&T SIM's are.

3. Lammercy thread starter macrumors regular

Haha. The 5C is still staying in the family, just going to my mom for a Christmas gift!

4. pottyvick macrumors regular

Oh my... is it a sprint 5s? Did you verify the ESN with sprint first? You have to go to the store or call them and have them swap it to your account....

5. JOSE891 macrumors 6502a

JOSE891

I am pretty sure you have to go to a Sprint store so they can activate it and give u a sim card.

6. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

Well that's not bad then lol, but just make sure you go to Sprint to get that phone activated ... You know how Sprint can be.

My 5c is actually an unlocked one I got from Apple. Apple made Sprint activate the phone. I just got very lucky ...