Switching to AT&T, new number.....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brian4610, Aug 3, 2008.

1. brian4610 macrumors regular

I'm switching form sprint to AT&T and will more then likely change my number and was wondering if you have options on what number you get?

When my wife got her sprint phone a few years ago, she had a few different options of what numbers she could have (couldn't pick a custom number, but had a variety of numbers to choose from). Do you have that type of option when you get an iphone? (FYI: i'll be going to an apple store to buy the iphone).

thanks.

2. KD110 macrumors member

depends upon what is available in your area - they will give you a short list for you to pick...

3. brian4610 thread starter macrumors regular

4. Yaara macrumors newbie

Yaara

If you purchase an iPhone at the Apple store, their system will assign you a number. If you purchase an iPhone at the AT&T store, you will have an option of three numbers to choose from. Either way you choose to go, you can always call AT&T immediately after your purchase (or go to an AT&T store at another time) to get three more choices and switch it to a better number (you can keep calling AT&T to get a new set of three choices). Good luck. ;)

5. KD110 macrumors member

did not know about the apple store thing, but I have always been given quite a few more than 3 choices with att...