Switching to ATT + FAN Discount. Where to Pre-order?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hyr, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Hyr macrumors member

Hyr

I'm currently with VZW and planningto pre-order tomorrow. Since I'm porting + a brand new customer + get FAN discounts (service disc, free activation...etc) through my employer do I need to actually go into ATT to set up?

Should I preorder through ATT and have it delievered to my house/work and then go in to ATT to have it activated/ported/discounts added?

I really want to get my hands on the phone ON the 24th. From everything I've read Apple is not the best place to go if you're in my situation.

2. cjrulli macrumors regular

I'm also in your situation however, not porting my number over. I'm just going to log into the premier site, and preoder the new iPhone from there, and setup my new AT&T account also through there so I receive my discounts right away.

3. malnar macrumors 6502a

malnar

I would think you could order at either Apple or AT&T, as I assume you don't have the discount in place yet with AT&T because you don't have an account yet, right? You add the discount to your account after activating it. You'll probably see a bill for everything and then receive credits once the discount gets in the system (that's how it worked for me, at least.)

4. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

5. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

I'm thinking that staying away from this forum for a few days might be beneficial to some of the regulars on here or else we may just go crazy.

6. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

I was thinking the same thing. I should just logout for a day or 2.

Why don't we have a limit that prevents new members from posting a new thread until they reach 5-10 posts? That would force them to at least look around a bit.

7. r3voLoL macrumors member

Or atleast after 5 - 10 uses of the search function.

8. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

I don't think vbb can do that...but I know a minimum post count before posting new posts is possible.

9. r3voLoL macrumors member

Not inherently, possible add-on tho