Switching to ATT, iPhone prices, would this work out?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Goaliegeek, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Goaliegeek macrumors 6502a

Goaliegeek

So I went to the ATT store today with my mother to get a few questions answered. We found a plan we want and everything and then I talked to the guy about the iPhone and when/if the "new one comes out. He said I could get the 3G now, then if a new one comes out, I could sell the 3G on Ebay, then buy the new one. So I figured out some numbers. Tell me if this is good.
    I get the 3G 8GB for $199. I sell it on Ebay used for (going rate now) $395.
    I sell my iPod touch 8gb 1st gen for $100. $495.
    New iPhone comes out, est price... what? $699?
    Then I get a student discount through my college. $50? Then he said something about $99 off getting a new phone within the first month of signing up. So $549, minus price of sales off Ebay... $154 out of pocket.
    Everything look ok? responses would be appreciated. and btw, we'd have to cancel our Verizon contract at $165. Thanks all!

2. Resist macrumors 68030

You would also have to cancel the AT&T 3G contract and pay that fee, if you wanted the new iPhone.

3. Rusalka macrumors regular

Rusalka

You could probably net more for the iPod touch, depending on condition, methinks

You probably paid, like 249? You could probaby get 150

So only 100 out of pocket, yay

4. Goaliegeek thread starter macrumors 6502a

Goaliegeek

I got in Oct 07 for $299. in good condition. I put a PSP screen protector on the back. just some dirt along the edges you can wipe off.