Switching to Mac... Questions ...Help

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ipodtouchy333, Mar 2, 2008.

1. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

Hello, I'm definately considering switching to mac, either a macbook air revision 2 or updated macbooks hopefully in June. Anyways, right now I have a Dell PC with a Pentium 4 2.4 ghz processor. I am wondering what the Core 2 Duo macbooks and/or air's processors would compare to what I am using now ( I also only have 1.25gb of RAM) Just wondering how big of improvement I would be getting. Thanks a lot !!!

You'll be seeing more questions as I move closer to purchasing my first mac so thanks again

2. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

Well, it's really hard to compare the two. Windows PC's and Macs run different operating systems thus different benchmarks. I can tell you that the Mac OS is more efficient so it doesn't take as much hardware power to run it.

I switched from a AMD Athlon dual core 3100+ running Vista to a iMac 20" 2.0 GHz. The iMac is faster at running every day tasks. Basically, it flies compared to the Vista machine.

3. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

4. ipodtouchy333 thread starter macrumors 65816

5. Cyroceon macrumors 6502a

Cyroceon

Don't wait, just get it now. I did the same thing and I am amazingly happy with my purchase. My MacBook is great.