Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lparsons21

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 3, 2014
Southern Illinois
Since I added a little more cloud space with iCloud, I thought I would switch to the new iCloud.

But I've got a couple questions before I do.

1. Will everything currently on my iCloud be moved over to the new one automagically??

2. And is iCloud drive working now on more than just Macs and iPhones/iPads, like from Windows machines??

3. I realize that my iPad won't be able to use it yet for the data, but what about backups from the iPad to the cloud??

thanks

afsnyder

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
Since I added a little more cloud space with iCloud, I thought I would switch to the new iCloud.

1. Will everything currently on my iCloud be moved over to the new one automagically??

2. And is iCloud drive working now on more than just Macs and iPhones/iPads, like from Windows machines??

3. I realize that my iPad won't be able to use it yet for the data, but what about backups from the iPad to the cloud??

thanks

1. I believe so.
2. iCloud Drive is working in beta on Windows and on beta.iCloud.com
3. I'm not sure. But I assume you wouldn't be able to access it as it says that the older iCloud isn't compatible... but not sure if thats the same for backups.

dinepada

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2014
Perú

thanks

1. maybe with some problems(so you can lose files)
2.in the future, windows version is on private beta i guess
3. you will lose the backups

Planey28

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
Birmingham, UK
1. Yes
2. The beta version of iCloud control panel for windows is in beta at the moment with iCloud drive functionality.
3. You will not lose any backup data. The backup data is separate.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.