Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

7th Lion

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2014
Great device...that's why I have two :D

FYI: If you're looking to save some dough.. I'm selling my factory unlocked TMobile 64GB black Note 5. It's in pristine condition (looks and functions like brand new), all paid up, never rooted, clean & clear IMEI, original box with unused accessories, and a brand new sealed genuine samsung wireless charger.. Used for about 2 weeks, and has a dbrand skin covering the back for protection! Still under warranty..thru October or Nov 2016 IIRC It's just been sitting in the box since I've been using the white one.

How much do you want for it?

Reactions: Tig Bitties

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
I currently have an iPhone 6s Plus. For the most part I am happy with the phone, few quirks here and there. Then my wife switched from her iPhone 5 to a Samsung Note 5, and it really got me interested. The screen is amazing, camera is awesome and very customizable.

Anyone ever made the switch?
Samsung have mastered making truly incredible Displays and Cameras, my old Note 4 STILL amazes me next to other new phones. :)

The Note5 is a fantastic device, without a doubt, but it is March now, I'd suggest either going with S7 Edge or waiting for Note 6.

ichii

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2006
Should be August.
I thought they usually have a October release date? Currently have a Note 5 came from iPhone 6 and it's my favorite Android phone. Everything about it is great, except for the battery, but I came from an iPhone 6 so it wasn't really a issue for me.

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
I thought they usually have a October release date? Currently have a Note 5 came from iPhone 6 and it's my favorite Android phone. Everything about it is great, except for the battery, but I came from an iPhone 6 so it wasn't really a issue for me.
What kind of battery life are you getting?

Not sure how feel about rooting your phone but I have my Note 5 rooted and I have a custom ROM installed that strips out all the carrier garb along with most of the useless Google and Samsung bloat.

Before running that ROM, I was lucky to get 2 hrs screen time over 24 hrs. After installing it, I have 5 hrs screen time over one day and 4 hrs. It will void your warranty though. I rooted my phone 4 days after buying it. I have NO regrets in doing that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tig Bitties

Fanaticalism

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2013
That changed with the 5. Who knows what they'll do this year.

ichii

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2006
What kind of battery life are you getting?

Not sure how feel about rooting your phone but I have my Note 5 rooted and I have a custom ROM installed that strips out all the carrier garb along with most of the useless Google and Samsung bloat.

Before running that ROM, I was lucky to get 2 hrs screen time over 24 hrs. After installing it, I have 5 hrs screen time over one day and 4 hrs. It will void your warranty though. I rooted my phone 4 days after buying it. I have NO regrets in doing that.
I'm running the stock ROM with all the bloatware, I had custom ROM mainly Cynaogenmod on my LG G1 and G3 I like, but I like some of the bloatware on my Samsung, it's my first Samsung phone. I'm just hoping Android M would help with the battery life it's amazing on my Nexus 5.

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
Really? .2 screen size difference is something you would barely notice.
I was surprised when I placed my Note 5 next to my S7 Edge and saw that the S7 Edge was just a bit smaller. That much difference is not really noticeable when switching between the two.

KillaMac

Suspended
May 25, 2013
I was surprised when I placed my Note 5 next to my S7 Edge and saw that the S7 Edge was just a bit smaller. That much difference is not really noticeable when switching between the two.
Yep. It's the actual physical size that changed a lot and not the screen size.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.