Switching to T-Mobile from Verizon online?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Anthony T, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Anthony T macrumors 6502a

I know T-Mobile pays off your ETF if you switch to them and give them your phone. Can this be done online for the 6S pre-orders or would I have to go in person? I'd also like to get Jump On Demand.

2. ectospheno macrumors member

I don't think you'll be able to do it online.

On a related note, if T-Mobile's officially supported band 12 list (http://www.t-mobile.com/optional-services/coverage-phones-700.html) isn't updated by 9/12 then I don't see me staying with T-Mobile. If it isn't on that list then it matters not if your phone supports it, T-Mobile won't. Just a heads up.

3. Anthony T thread starter macrumors 6502a

What exactly is that list?

4. dcgore macrumors member

The new iphone supports band 12. You can check under specs on the apple website.

5. ectospheno macrumors member

Yes, lots of phones do that don't work on t-mobile's band 12 at their request.

6. Anthony T thread starter macrumors 6502a

So the new iPhone won't work on the T-Mobile Data Strong speeds?

7. se7endreams macrumors newbie

T-Mobile is horrible. I made the poor mistake of switching last year. I'm either going to go back to AT&T or sign up with Verizon. Worst service ever.

8. Berzerker7 macrumors newbie

Legere himself was stoked that the iPhone supports Band 12, I don't think there will be an issue.

https://twitter.com/JohnLegere/status/641688107272634368

The only issue was phone supporting VoLTE in order to be approved for Band 12 support from T-Mobile. The iPhon 6/6+ supports VoLTE, and there's no reason why the 6S/6S+ shouldn't, which means Band 12 support will be there.