Switching to Verizon Edge in a Apple Store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by metzy25, Oct 13, 2014.

1. metzy25 macrumors 6502a

metzy25

Im interested in ordering a 6 or 6+ when stock becomes available online through the Apple store. Im wanting to get the phone through verizon edge but i know Apple only allows Verizon Edge in store. My question is if i order the phone i want online via a 2 year contract will apple be able to switch the line over to edge when i go in store to pick the phone up?

2. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

Why not contact Verizon. Explain to them that they don't have it in stock and you want to get it from Apple. I know that when you buy you can change your plan. But idk if you can change to Edge. I would check to see how much or what are the steps.

3. metzy25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

metzy25

every time i contact Verizon i never seem to get a clear answer.

4. gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

Yes I have done this with my 6 Plus. Preordered and received on the 19th. Took it to Apple on September 30th. They returned the phone and I repurchased the same used phone as new with Verizon Edge.

5. metzy25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

metzy25

Awesome thank you. I think I'm going to run to the apple store in the morning just to confirm it, i don't want to order the phone if I'm not for sure able to switch to edge. Did you add a line or upgrade a line when ordered your phone?

6. gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

I used an upgrade on my line. Just an FYI if your store will do it. My store had to give me a completely new phone because they resold me the same phone and the SIM card, so trying to sign the Edge agreement got hung up and they couldn't do anything. This was caused because the SIM card in the phone was active on Verizon's end on a 2 year contract and they were trying to activate it in the edge contract. So eventually they just cancelled my Edge order, got a new phone from inventory and restarted the process. Make sure they give you a new SIM card when you switch.