Switching to Verizon for iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kamran1998, Sep 10, 2014.

1. kamran1998 macrumors member

kamran1998

Hi,

I am currently an AT&T user and have 4 lines (family plan), I am planning on switching onto Verizon to pre-order the iPhone 6 tomorrow. Is it possible to create an account now and set it up so tomorrow evening I can pre-order all of my iPhone 6 and make things easier? Are all Verizon iPhones factory unlock?

I have one line that is in the middle of a 2-year contract on ATT, what is the cost to cancel now?

Thanks

2. DVNIEL macrumors 6502a

DVNIEL

I'm not a Verizon customer service rep but I am pretty positive that you need an active line/account in order to get granted Verizon online usage. Usually the webpage will ask you to put in your account information before letting you proceed in making a Verizon web account.

Verizon iPhones are all GSM-unlocked, but not unlocked to be used on Sprint. If your credit is stable enough, just order your Verizon phone, don't touch your AT&T account just yet. You can always port your number later and that will handle your AT&T cancellation.

3. kamran1998 thread starter macrumors member

kamran1998

I didn't do anything online, I called them and setup my plan and they ran credit and created an application. They will then call me tomorrow night to order the iPhones.

Do they sell Apple Care too?

----------

I am ordering threw Verizon though so would it still be unlocked? (2 year contract)

----------

I am ordering threw Verizon though so would it still be unlocked? (2 year contract)