Switching to Verizon for the iPhone X?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by igneousc, Sep 24, 2017.

1. igneousc macrumors regular

I'm currently on ATT, no contract, and want to switch to verizon for the iPhone X. Is there any way I can order the iPhone X at launch and get the CDMA version, without actually being on verizon yet? My GSM version iPhone 7 plus won't work on verizon, and I really dont want to be without cell service for a period of time.
    Is my best option to buy a Verizon cell plan before the X launch, buy my X, then port my number over whenever the X actually gets to me? Trying to waste the least amount of money here, I can't think of a different way to do it but I'm probably missing something. Thanks :)

2. Kahsheh macrumors regular

That will work but you need an actual phone to link/activate on your Verizon account. I have not seen a plan only account. They require an actual imei be attached to the line.

3. igneousc thread starter macrumors regular

Ugh yeah.... :(

4. HolyGrail macrumors 6502

HolyGrail

I don't know if T-Mobile will be a option for you ( obviously only if that option is good coverage in your area), but they use GSM, and you won't be stuck with the video limit of 720p on your new Iphone X with Verizon.

5. igneousc thread starter macrumors regular

I'm always resistant to anything besides ATT and verizon because I like having coverage when I'm in rural areas and tmobile is still kind of lacking. Tired of giving ATT so much of my money though :(

6. HolyGrail macrumors 6502

HolyGrail

Totally understand. If I was in a rural area I may had to choose between them both. Lucky T-Mobile works better then Verizon in my area, and I was able to leave Verizon after 8 years, and save $60 on my bill. Best of luck , I hope someone chimes in and gives a possible other option for you.