Carrier Switching to Verizon. Give Verizon my Iphone 6S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by radiologyman, Apr 7, 2016.

1. radiologyman macrumors 6502

Verizon said they will pay ETF for my on contract ATT iPhone if I will surrender that Iphone. Can I just give them an old Palm smartphone instead and will it affect amount of ETF?

2. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

Gotta love bait and switch stuff like this. "We'll pay your ETF, but you have to give us your old phone." Which is probably worth more than the ETF. Yeah, great deal.

Would be nice if you can pull that on them though. Go to a Verizon store and try it; you have nothing to lose. :)

3. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Do not surrender your iPhone. give them an old flip phone or android phone and see how much credit they will give you.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

Why is it bait and switch? The terms are provided and are pretty clear, and it seems that the customer can even work around them by finding some old useless phone to turn in.

5. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

sell the 6S privately (its likely worth between $500-700 depending on size and condition) then pay off your ETF with it. don't give them the phone.

6. posguy99 macrumors 6502

7. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

That's not what bait and switch means.

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Yes, you can provide any old phone, provided it fits within the parameters of the deal, and no its not bait and switch as noted.

Be sure to read the fine print of the deal, which may include the requirement that you buy a new Verizon Phone, so while you will keep your iPhone, you may need to purchase one from VZW.