Switching to Verizon in July; need some advice

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheAppleGeek, Jun 21, 2011.

1. TheAppleGeek macrumors 6502a

After an amazing turn of events, it turns out that I will be able to switch to Verizon much sooner than expected. I currently have an iPhone 4, and plan on switching to a White iPhone 4 once I sign with Verizon. Since I am new to this whole ordeal, I need some advice. Beforehand, here is the situation I am in:

I am going to pay a termination fee of $106 and after that, I am going to go to Verizon. Would it be best to sell my current iPhone to pay for the Verizon phone?

I am fully aware the next iPhone 5 will be available this Fall, ranging anywhere from August to early-October, and is there anyway I would be able to upgrade to it within the short amount of time of signing?

2. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

If I know right you only have a 14 day period after buying your phone that you can return it and get a new one. So unless you got your white iPhone 4 within 14 days of the release of the iPhone 5, you'd be out of luck.

On a side note, why are you switching to Verizon? They have terrible 3G data speeds, and they're more expensive. If you NEED them because you have really bad coverage with AT&T, then yeah I guess it's worth it. Otherwise no.

I have an AT&T iPhone 4 and a Verizon iPad 2. I pay a close eye on my signal strength(s) and I've yet to have a moment where the Verizon iPad has better signal than the AT&T iP4. It's kinda disappointing. Data speeds are also around 5x slower on the iPad. It makes me so happy to know at least my iPhone is on AT&T.

That's my experience, but others might've got better coverage experiences. Idk

3. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

My advice, hang around on whatever carrier you are till September.

You will be non-contracted and will be able to switch whenever. If you get locked into a 2 year contract with Verizon and get the IP4 in July, then the IP5 comes out in September you're gonna be pissed.

At least I would be.

4. Fernandez21 macrumors 68040

Fernandez21

If you plan on porting your number, you need to do that BEFORE you cancel anything.also, July 6 is the deadline if you want unlimited data. Oh, and no they won't let you upgrade early to the iPhone 5.

5. Hueyfreeman macrumors regular

It will cost you some money if you want to get in for the unlimited. What I would do is switch to verizon now get a free phone lock in your unlimited data, then come august get a iphone 5 and add it to your account. You also get a back up phone like this.