Carrier Switching to Verizon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by T5BRICK, Sep 24, 2016.

1. T5BRICK macrumors G3

T5BRICK

I'm transferring all of my lines from AT&T to Verizon because at this point, AT&T just isn't competitive pricing wise. Additionally, the promotional trade in programs the carriers are offering make it much less expensive to switch.

I'm trading in:
    2x iPhone 5, 1x iPhone 5s > 3x iPhone 7
    1x iPhone 6+, 1x iPhone 6s > 2x iPhone 7+

None of my iPhone 5/5s models would have worked on Verizon, so the $400 trade in value was nice.

The guy I spoke with on the phone was super easy to deal with. So far I'm happy with the interactions I've had. Hopefully it continues!

2. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

Welcome to VZW! My family has had service with them since about 2000 starting with my dad.

The thing I've found with them is that if they make changes that are beneficial to them, you're forced to change with them or find a complicated workaround (I.e. Unlimited data), but if the changes happen to help customers, you have to request them (discounts for off-contract lines, new bats bucket sizes, pricing, etc.

3. T5BRICK thread starter macrumors G3

T5BRICK

I've been on AT&T since about 2000 as well. Over the years they've given me quite a few reasons to switch, but they always offered me something that convinced me to stay. Over the past few years, I've mainly stayed because I have a corporate discount through my employer. But even with that Verizon is still very competitive with pricing.

That's pretty typical for all of the carriers as far as I know.

4. nottooshabby macrumors 6502

I'm switching too from AT&T. No reason to stay with them anymore now that I can't get a discounted phone. I have my JB 7 on order with VZW and my trade-in box for my ATT iPhone 6 on my desk waiting. I can't technically switch till 10/22 so I am going to port my number after I get my service going. Probably won't be till around 10/12 anyways based on my ship date.

5. T5BRICK thread starter macrumors G3

T5BRICK

I'm actually bringing over 7 lines, 5 of which are going to be new iPhone 7 or 7+ models. The trade in offers are a little too good to pass up.

6. P71Jeff macrumors newbie

I just made the switch to Verizon from Sprint I should of done it long ago