So I was "forced" into getting the 4GB model due to supply (no one locally had the 8GB when I was buying). Just didn't hold enough media for me and considering (hoping?) that 3rd party apps and file system support come out at some point I knew that I better return it and eat the $50 return fee for being capricious and unable to wait and score the 8GB. Got the 8GB, and returned the 4GB, of course, just swapping the SIM didn't work. Both ATT and the Apple guys couldn't help (my local shopping center has an Apple Store and an ATT store pretty much next to each other, so I got lucky and did this in person, over the phone this woulda been a nightmare). Anyway, went through the activation process (on the new SIM, ATT told me NOT to try and activate the phone with the old SIM), lit up just fine and restored from my backup. Interestingly enough it did not ask me to name the iPhone and didn't restore the name of the iPhone, everything else restored just fine. Wondering if I'll be dinged another activation fee...ATT says no, but I've had billing issues with them in the past (always promptly resolved, but if I wasn't vigilant about my bill they'd have taken me for a ride!). Anyone else upgrade/replace/switch hardware and know about the activation $$$?