Switching users from sleep

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by CalBoy, Jun 25, 2007.

1. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

I'm not sure if there is a way to do this in OS X, but I figured that if anyone knew, it would be the people on this forum.
    Supposing that I put the computer to sleep, and then woke it up wanting to use a different account, would this be possible? All of my accounts are password protected, and I'd like to keep them this way. However, I leave my mbp around for my family members to use, in the hopes of making them Mac converts:) I normally use my own account, and have created another one for them. Normally, I put my mbp to sleep during the day, and I'd like for my family members to login into their own account without me logging out first. Any help is always appreciated. Thanks!

2. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

You can enable Fast User Switching under System Preferences>Accounts>Login Options. On the family computer we all simply go to the Login Window after we're done using the computer, so that the next person can login from there. It doesn't require you to logout, and you can put the computer to sleep from the Login Window as well.

irmongoose

3. CalBoy thread starter macrumors 604

CalBoy

Thanks for the tip.