Switching views in navigon

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Mac'nCheese, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

What do I press or do to switch views in the navigon app from a flat map like view to the 3D actual driving view?

2. LiquidZed macrumors newbie

I'm not 100% positive on what you mean, but if you mean the 2D view that pops up when you tap the 3D map, then there should be a "Done" button on the upper right corner that should dismiss the 2D view.

Otherwise, if you accidentally turned the 2D mode on, hit options, then select "Map View", then select the 3D view instead of the 2D view.

One of the above two should solve your problem.

-Jason
    Check out my App NavAssist for Navigon in the AppStore!
    LiquidZed@gmail.com
    http://LiquidZed.blogspot.com

3. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I might be going a little crazy here but I could have sworn that I used to have a view of all the lanes I was in, and it was much more 3Dish then I have now. Now, Its just a little arrow, on the screen and a orange line to show the road I'm on. I thought maybe I hit something and changed it but I am in 3D mode and it still looks funny. Maybe it switches when lane assist kicks in or maybe I'm confusing memories with my garmin stand alone unit. I even googled screen shots and couldn't find anything that matched my memory.

4. LiquidZed macrumors newbie

When you approach some intersections where a road splits, etc, it pops up something on your screen that looks 3D and shows you which lanes to be in, could that be it?

-Jason
    Check out my App NavAssist for Navigon in the AppStore!
    LiquidZed@gmail.com
    http://LiquidZed.blogspot.com

5. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I think so. Its also me mixing up my two gps systems, probably, since I just watched some more google videos and they all look like the way my app looks so I must be going crazy..... Thanks for your help, btw!

6. nutmac macrumors 68040

Under Options | Map View, you can toggle between 2D, 3D, and Panorama View 3D (in-app purchase).

Active Lane Assistant is automatic and you cannot force it to be displayed all the time. Route Info shows mini-active lane assistance like view during routing, which might be sufficient.