SwitchResX

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by seaw, Jul 9, 2012.

1. seaw macrumors newbie

Why is the native 1900 by 1200 missing? How can I set that resolution? I tried but messed up the display. It went black and I had to restart. I before used one of thes other apps that don't have so many prefs. But somehow the one I use does not work very well. Sometimes switching between resolutions gives me a messed up screen with green fragments and I can not set back to best for retina. I think the program did something deep in the system... When restarting the MacBook the apple logo is uge. Does anyone know how to get this fixed and get the system back to the state before installing that programm. Sorry forgot the name... something like RDM?!?!?!

2. Habakuk macrumors 6502a

Tried Retina DisplayMenu on rMBP. First it worked well. I switched around scalings with this and with the official settings (mixed). Used Mission Control, Spaces, Dock settings, screensavers, full screen and tried this out in different scales, set the rMBP to sleep and waked it up.

But all of a sudden the main menu (Apple) bar (!) at the top started to fade away and fade in again (auto hide) like the Dock (if activated in Dock’s settings)! Never seen that before in OS X. I had to scratch with the cursor at the top of the display to bring up the menu bar and it disappeared when I moved the cursor away. Similar as in full screen mode (but it wasn’t in fullscreen mode).

I am not 100 % sure if it’s an error of Retina DisplayMenu. But I deleted it and had to restart OS X for getting a „normal“ (fixed) main menu bar.

3. seaw thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Naish84 macrumors newbie

i am experiencing some troubles too with that app! i hope it get fixed soon because it is very useful