Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BollywooD

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 27, 2005
Hamburg
Would any OpenSource devs like to help get my project updated for Snow Leopard.

I am maintaining Safari Cookies
I have a couple poseAsClass methods that I need to replace with Swizzle methods, but are not quite sure where to start.
I poseAsClass for NSPreferences, and NSHTTPCookieStorage

I have updated the code to work as a SIMBL plugin.
and I would love to get this working in 64bit mode on Snow Leopard, but ive hit a stumbling block on Swizzle methods.....

If anyone can help, please email me at

sweetpproductions at gmail dot com

and I can send the latest source code.

many thanks

Briann

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2009
Swizzle help

Can you post what you did ? I haven't solved it.

My swizzle works in 32 bits but not in 64 bits. I originally used categories, but plugin will fail to load.

10/7/09 5:13:11 PM Safari[1458] Error loading /Users/me/Library/Application Support/SIMBL/Plugins/MyPlugin.bundle/Contents/MacOS/MyPlugin: dlopen(/Users/me/Library/Application Support/SIMBL/Plugins/MyPlugin.bundle/Contents/MacOS/MyPlugin, 265): Symbol not found: _OBJC_CLASS_$_BrowserWindowController
Referenced from: /Users/me/Library/Application Support/SIMBL/Plugins/MyPlugin.bundle/Contents/MacOS/MyPlugin
Expected in: flat namespace
in /Users/me/Library/Application Support/SIMBL/Plugins/MyPlugin.bundle/Contents/MacOS/MyPlugin

Tried writing function in C. Added it with class_addMethod. But I crash inside the swizzle function doing method_exchangeImplementations. Again everything works in 32 bits.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.