Swollen battery removal.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by qawes, Dec 19, 2010.

1. qawes macrumors regular

qawes

Hey, so after 3 years my MBP's battery got swolen and I took it out immediately.

The problem is, that after I took it out, I noticed a significantly drop in performance. Everything is much slower, expose is moving in frames, etc.

I've did a lot of searching on this forum before I started this topic, but couldn't find any conclusive information about the dangers of running my MBP without a battery. Some say it's ok, some say it's damaging the computer. Eitherway I'm calling my Apple authorized reseller on moday, because there's no Apple store where I live.

Until then, is it actually safe to run my MBP without a battery until a new one arrives, or should I keep it shut down to avoid any risks?

Thank you!

2. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

If I recall correctly when you run a MBP without the battery if downclocks the processor speed. Here is a link to it on apples page. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2332?viewlocale=en_US

Its fine to use it like this, as long as you can live with the reduced speed and the possiblity of losing work if the ac adaptor is pulled.