Sword Aluminum Case...Anyone used one?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by tayball89, Oct 28, 2011.

1. tayball89 macrumors newbie

After the Graft Concepts Leverage turned out to be a disappointment, I'm on the hunt for a new case for my 4S. Has anyone seen/used the Sword case (links below)? It seems to have a very thin profile (which I like). I'd like some input from someone who has used one.

Reception Problems?
    Headphone jack and charger cutout size?
    Lay on the table design?

http://www.buy-batteries.com/sword-aluminum-case-for-iphone4/

http://www.ryglobal.com/html/product/LJY-Sword-Aluminum-Metal-case-for-iphone-4-417.html#Pictures

2. noobzpro macrumors newbie

No pun intended....but thid thing is a real sword....sharp finishing....dont buy....

3. asleep, Oct 29, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2011

asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Product Description
    Sword Aluminum Case For iPhone4

The Sword Aluminum iPhone4 Bumper Case creates a non-conductive barrier to help maintain the Phone's antenna signal strength.

[​IMG]

4. zelaya macrumors 6502

Despite the problem with graft Laverage I like mine. However I'd love to exchange cases on bi-weekly basis and wouldn't mind rocking this case as well but antenna reception will kill it for me. Maybe for those who has one can give us any feedback. This case remind me i+Case that will be in production on December of this year which also order one.

Sent from my Apple device

5. tayball89 thread starter macrumors newbie

Can you expand on that? What do you mean sharp finishing?

Has no one bought one of these?

6. takeshi74 macrumors 601

You ought to give people time to respond. The existence of a case doesn't mean that people here own it.

7. noobzpro macrumors newbie

my frend has one....the finishing is not smooth...sharp edges here and there.....

8. RickG macrumors regular

this looks cool - if someone is using one can you please post a review

9. warrior15r macrumors newbie

I just got mine for my iPhone 4 and its killing my signal to the point where its unusable. I'm sad. Its such a beautiful case too.

10. hizzaah macrumors 6502

got some pics? could you dial *3001#12345#* and post the signal strength without and with the case? signal will show up as a negative number instead of bars.

I'm getting a free one (replacement for a different faulty case), so I suppose it's no harm, no foul if it kills signal.

11. romeo0119 macrumors 6502

12. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

I have just bought one of these from aliexpress for my 4S. Not sure if it will kill reception or not? probably will, but its worth a try for £10.

anyone else using these on a 4S?

13. andrewndy macrumors newbie

I got mine in this morning. Popped it on and so far have had no problems. There's a minor flaw on both cases (different flaw) and haven't noticed any drop in signal actually. Still testing but will post up pictures in a short while once i've charged my camera. I got them from jacky lin on aliexpress

14. Pez555, Nov 14, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2011

Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

good to hear, are you using a 4S?

What colour did you get? looking forward to the pics

and what are these flaws?

15. andrewndy macrumors newbie

So i've found a few more flaws since using it a bit more:

On my orange/gold case the alignment isn't perfect at the joining so there is a slight sharp edge but it is small (not overly fussed as it's not too noticeable)

On the blue case there is what looks like a bit of dust that has gotten under when it has been painted (not overly fussed)

Both cases, if you plan on listening music through headphones unless you have a really thin jack cover then yer F**cked tbh. The two main headphones i use are standard size and they go most way in the not enough so they click properly

Both cases, again ruins your 3g/internet. Mine seems to have a slight problem with the top left corner being covered anyway when it comes to it so it may just be my phone that's the problem but it certainly makes a huge difference when downloading or uploading things

If you're just using them for the look or everyday then they look damn fine, and for the price they're not bad. My main quibble is the headphone jack but I don't know if it's like that or the real one or not (I presume not) and the internet antenna issues

But here's some pics anyway (excuse the cat...) :

[​IMG]
    Photo by Andrewndy, on Flickr

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tried to put as much info as there doesn't seem to be any info on this case on here

16. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

yea it looks great. I think i actually prefer the look of these to the vapor pro's. Could you post some pics of the case on the phone?

also which seller did you get it from on aliexpress?

Thanks, cant wait for my silver to arrive, still waiting for dispatch :(.

17. andrewndy macrumors newbie

I wish i could but unfortunately my digital camera is ****ed, battery seems to have gone :mad:

18. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

ah sucks! what is it like in terms of fitment? no movement of the phone when it is in the case?

19. andrewndy macrumors newbie

Absolutly no movement on both which tbh surprised me considering all the fitment problems of the vapour pro

20. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

nice, what seller did you get it from out of interest?

21. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

thanks, just realised you said that above lol, my bad.

In terms of the 3G/internet, does it completely kill both? or just a matter of a bar or so?

Also are you using a 4 or a 4S?

cheers

22. pocketdoc macrumors 6502a

Looks nice.

I just took my Draco IV off due to a reduction in signal.

I too would be interested to hear your results...

23. vaugha macrumors regular

Doesn't look too shabby at all. Looking forward to reading some more feedback. I will see how people find this one as time moves along. :)

24. hizzaah macrumors 6502

hoping my dark blue/grey colored one gets here on wednesday, but it might be thursday. It's hard to estimate with the sketchiness of USPS tracking