Swtiching to iPhone and AT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tfish, Sep 17, 2008.

1. tfish macrumors newbie

I currently have Verizon and live in NJ. I've had Verizon for 5 years since it is under my parent's plan. Now since I don't even get service at my house, I was wondering if that would be a reason to cancel my Verizon contract and also get out of the Early Termination Fee. I tried the LG Dare and while it is nice, it doesn't even compare to the iPhone. Thanks.

2. jz7410 macrumors member

No shot of getting out of the ETF. I live in NJ and had no verizon service either, I called them and they said they would have to send a tech out to analyze the problem... this was 2 weeks before my contract was up and they still wouldnt wave the etf

3. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

Call them and tell them you need to cancel due to having no service where you live. If they give you any flak, call them back and say you have contacted the BBB and that they suggested you get an attorney. The law says if you have no service, then they have to cancel at no cost.

4. tfish thread starter macrumors newbie

I heard that Verizon would want to send out a tech to see if there really is a problem. Also do you think that they would question the fact that only one of the four phones on the plan would be switching.