swype keyboard dark theme has emoji on Z key

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by jiffry1017, Nov 6, 2014.

1. jiffry1017 macrumors member

Hey,

Does anyone know why the Z key on the swype keyboard dark theme has an emoji on it? It's the same face. I know it functions as a shortcut much like the other keys have an exclamation point or a question mark.

I'm just not sure why it is that specific emoji. It's the smiley face that's blushing.

Am I able to change it? It only appears on the dark theme, but not the default white one (which also doesn't have the other shortcuts).

Thanks.

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I was wondering the same thing. It's not even a smile. It's the blushing face.

3. Jeff Flowerday macrumors regular

Maybe so you can long press and get easy access to the last emoji you used?

4. jeremiah239 macrumors 6502a

jeremiah239

That would be awesome but sadly it doesn't work that way.

5. BrettDS macrumors 65816

In swype you can long press any key and get the symbol behind it. For example, you can long press M to get a ? or long press H to get a ). If you look on the symbols page in swype the blushing face is behind the Z key. (Why they chose that one emoji I don't know, but they did)

On the dark theme on each key swype shows you the symbols that you'll get with a long press... and so, the Z key gets the blushing face because that's the symbol you'll get. Again, I don't know why swype only shows the symbols on the letter keys in the dark theme, but that's what they did.

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

Yeah, odd that they don't include that in other themes (especially the light theme).

7. ericg301 macrumors 6502a

yeah ive tweeted them that request many times. the long tap overlays make swype much more usable, but that dark theme gives me eye-hurt