Swype ported to iOS

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by lfc, Jul 7, 2011.

1. lfc, Jul 7, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2011

lfc macrumors regular

2. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

i liked this for about one month when i had the droidX. got really annoying when typing short words.

3. fjd726 macrumors regular

4. nabechu macrumors 6502

5. Bawstun macrumors 65816

Bawstun

Holy <snip> this is HUGE! Seriously one of the only features (along with NATIVE voice-to-SMS support) that I miss from Android.

I'm going to give it a whirl now, but I'm not too hopeful seeing as I am still running 4.1

6. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Doesn't work as well as it does on an Android phone (to be expected for now), but a great start! :cool:

7. Bawstun macrumors 65816

Bawstun

Well...it works. Sorta. I think it's going to naturally mess up more often than the Android counterpart because of Apple's weird way of autocorrect and always suggesting other words. I'm assuming if they can work out that kink then it could be just as great. It isn't that bad, but a lot of words it doesn't get right yet like Skype does for Android.

I hope this gets a lot of development, I've really really really wanted some type of Skype functionality for a long time now.

8. lfc thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah it's a bit difficult right now, I've never used it on Android before so I'm not sure what to expect but I'm looking forward to using it properly once it's out of beta :p

Oh and it works in other apps too, not just stock iOS apps. I guess I read it wrong.