Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TechJunky

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2008
I know I downloaded an app a long time ago that does the same thing as swype. It looks like it may have been "ShapeWriter". But it doesn't seem to be on the app store anymore.

I'm not a big fan of swype, I just recently read an article that said one of the iPhones "major" flaws was lack of Swype. Lame, I know. But I could swear this has already been done on the iPhone and it never caught on.

Anyone know the app I'm talking about? Any fans of swype waiting for an official app?

bndoarn

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2008
I definitely know what your talking about and I have been looking for it ever since I saw this post a few days ago. I once had it too and I wanna try it out again. Hopefully someone will know what it is called.

bndoarn

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2008
Found it! I went through my previous iTunes receipts because I knew if I saw the name of it I would remember it. It's called WritingPad. Here's a youtube video. The only problem is that it is not in the App Store anymore. :(

TechJunky

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2008
Well what do you know. It looks like just days after I started this thread, Shapewriter was RE-released in the app store. I knew I had it before but when I searched for it, it was gone. Now it's back. Anyone using it? Better than, equal to Swype?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.