Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sefudiere

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
Hi everyone,

In my little iphone app xcode project, I have AudioViewController.h and AudioViewController.m, which subclasses UIViewController and has some audio recording functionality (the CoreAudio and AudioToolbox frameworks are included in the project).

This controller is invoked from another viewcontroller in my project. All the source code compiles fine, but I get the following linking error:

".objc_class_name_AudioViewController", referenced from:
literal-pointer@__OBJC@__cls_refs@AudioViewController in ButtonsViewController.o
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I have both files in my Xcode project in the sources tab.

Any idea of why the compiled AudioViewController object is not being linked to the project?

(one thing that I notice is that under the "Code" identifier on Xcode's tab, right next to the hammer icon and the X icon, all the other .m files have a size associated to them - eg 38K - except for AudioViewController.m)

sefudiere

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
Nevermind - I removed the two files from the project and re-added them and now it works. I wonder what happened...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.