Symptons hinting that I should Clean Install my iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Khryz, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Khryz macrumors 6502a

Can you help me?

My phone has been lagging A LOT when opening applications. Sometimes it takes my phone 5-15 seconds until it opens Mail or Text Messages or something like that.

Also, a lot of my Album Artworks are all messed up, which I believe Genius Mixes is the culprit. Various albums have album artworks from other Album Artist's and some even have the 4-panel artwork on the Genius Mixes.

This has all been happening since iPhone OS 3.1.

Do I have to Clean Install it? I've never Clean Installed an OS on my phone at all. This phone is my 2nd iPhone, which I got as a replacement from one that broke so when I got this I just used the back-up on my computer.

EDIT: I just removed an album that was suffering from having the wrong album art from my iPhone by unchecking the songs in iTunes, then I re-checked them and synced my iPhone again and they were fixed. So I suppose I just need to take the infected songs off and put them back on.

But still, that doesn't solve the problem - it's just a temporary fix.

2. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Maybe try restarting your phone every once in a while to fix the lag. If that doesnt work, restoring is EXTREMELY easy if you dont have a jailbroken phone.

Just go to itunes, hit restore, when its done just click restore from backup.

3. Khryz thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I could do that very easily I agree. I am just thinking that OS 3.1 is the culprit. Is there anyway I can re-update to 3.1 again or something? Because ever since I updated my phone has been lagging a lot more and having these bugs.

4. Nyan macrumors member

Yes you can re-update as many times as you want. If it's not jailbroken of course.

5. hollerz macrumors 6502a

hollerz

Yeah just plug into iTunes and click "Restore", it'll re-install 3.1 and re-sync all your files!

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

A clean install, is there such a thing on the iPhone?

7. Cask Guest

3.1 is just messed, many other people (including myself) have reported the album art cover, and yes it has to do with genius. Just wait until Apple finally decides to release a fix for that, it is very annoying.