sync address book, calendar to the cloud

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by askywalker, Apr 8, 2008.

1. askywalker macrumors regular

I am a recent convert (was reborn in August) and love the mail and address books. But I need to be able to access my data on windows computers, and ideally in public environments - so I was hoping I could setup my MBP to sync to a cloud somewhere. Maybe google contacts/calendar? Or Windows live services?

I love that I can use Fusion to work in Windows (I have to for many apps), but I find that I often need the full speed of Boot Camp. Anyone have any tips for accessing or sync'ing so that I can get at my list of contacts while in Boot Camp?

I have .Mac account which seems to offer backup and sync services, but as far as I can tell it only works with other mac's...

2. shaggy.mac macrumors newbie

For AddressBook sync to the web, goto
    http://addressbook.mac.com and turn sync on

the calendar should go automatically

3. askywalker thread starter macrumors regular

Cool - thanks! A little disappointing that the notes field doesn't seem to sync - and I can't seem to find the calendar - but must be there somewhere.

I am sure I am asking too much for access to an API. :)

4. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

I use "BusySync" to sync my iCal to my Google Calendar (and from there I share the Google Cal to others). It works great both in and out.

5. Iamtherealwoody macrumors 6502

Iamtherealwoody

Is there anything like that but free?

6. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

Not sure - but BusySync is well worth the money. It's been bullet-proof syncing my ical to gcal to my business partner's ical and back.

Plus the developer is very responsive (had some questions prior to the new release).

7. lostinspace2011 macrumors member

Address Book Server

Take a look at Address Book Server (http://www.addressBookServer.com) which let's you share your Address Book with other Macs on the network.

have fun
    Alex