Sync Address Books & Itunes between iMac and Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by devster, Nov 10, 2009.

1. devster macrumors newbie

Guys,

Great help here in the past.

I have a iMac and MBP both running Snow Leopard.

I want to make my iMac the master and sync info to my MBP. Particularity the address book, ical and selected itunes playlists. I use Sugarsync to sync files.

I have tried synctogether 1.0.3 but it keeps quitting. I tried google for contacts sync but everytime I try I get duplicates and my contacts get trashed so I have to go back to a backup.

This must be a common request.

Any solutions.

Thx

2. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

If you use gmail for email, setup address book to connect to gmail.

As far as iTunes goes, update both to iTunes 9. There is now the "Home Sharing" feature that will allow those to be in sync.

http://www.apple.com/itunes/whats-new/

3. devster thread starter macrumors newbie

Every time I have tried using gmail/google to sync with iphone or macs it ends up a disaster with mixed up or duplicated contacts as well as lost information (such as notes etc).

As far as I know itunes home sharing allows me to share other libraries but it will only add new content I purchase from the itunes store, not stuff I rip from my CDs. I also do not want all my itunes on my MBP only 1 playlist due space.

Am I right or any other ideas

Cheers

4. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

Notes don't sync with gmail/google...

Nope, you're not. You need to check out home sharing. You can share anything, and choose what to to download.