Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TwoBytes

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 2, 2008
I've downloaded the Samsung Health app. I don't have a Samsung device.

I can't figure out a way to transfer the data my Apple Watch collects or stores in Apple Health to the Samsung Health app.
Does anyone know how?
The App loads and says it reads data from the health app but it's not working :(

Thanks!

Last edited:

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
If you don't have a Samsung device, why do you want to use the Samsung Health app?

TwoBytes

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 2, 2008
To use the friend's competition feature with friends 'together' :)

Reactions: HDFan

motm95

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2010
I could be wrong, but I think the Apple Health/Activity type data is really locked down and I doubt there's a way to pull it out and send it to the Samsung app.

TwoBytes

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 2, 2008
The App loads and says it reads data from the health app but it's not working :(

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
I could be wrong, but I think the Apple Health/Activity type data is really locked down and I doubt there's a way to pull it out and send it to the Samsung app.
There are plenty of third party health apps that integrate with Apple Health and have read/write permissions if you enable them.

@ OP, does it need the permissions enabled? Go to the Apple Health app, click on your avatar at the top right, scroll down to privacy and click on apps. If Samsung health is there, click on it and there may be a list of permissions you can give to it.

TwoBytes

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 2, 2008
Permissions are enabled. I sure it's the Samsung app - it doesn't take the step count from apple health, it uses the motion and fitness chip of the iPhone which is silly when Samsung could program the app to take hte more accurate step count from the watch/apple health.

pandatrin

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2020
I’m having the same problem with the Apple health app connecting to the Samsung health app

GoetzPhil

macrumors member
Dec 30, 2019
I just exported all Apple Health data and got a 70MB big ZIP file.
Now Ineed way to import that in Samsung Health ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.