Sync Apple Music songs to iPod Touch

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Jib21, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Jib21 macrumors newbie

Hi guys,
    To be honest I'm loving the curated playlists and content I have access to on AM but...
    Apple Music songs I add to my library on my iMac don't sync to iPod Touch with a message stating that Apple Music songs can't be copied to an iPod.

Obviously this is intentional, but it's also a massive pain in the behind.
    I was hoping I would be able to, for example, put the back catalog of a band I'd discovered onto the iPod and then listen to it offline.
    I assume it's done for DRM purposes?
    I can stream it or download to my phone or pad I guess...

Haven't seen anyone else complaining about this so I guess it's just a me thing :)

2. Blujelly macrumors 65816

Blujelly

Does this help?

3. Jib21 thread starter macrumors newbie

It might do actually!
    I am Match customer as well so I'll give it a try...just run a Match scan to pick up the songs downloaded from AM and then sync the iPod I assume?

4. Blujelly macrumors 65816

Blujelly

5. cornycopier macrumors member

This will not work. Songs added to your library from Apple Music are not "matchable".

The only ways to get a song to your iPod are one of the following:
    • Purchase song from the iTunes Store
    • Obtain a copy of the song from another (legal) source, which will then be matched (if in the iTunes catalog)
    So if you're an iTunes Match subscriber, really, nothing has changed where that process is concerned.

6. Jib21 thread starter macrumors newbie

Got you. Thanks.
    Looks like my solution for cheaper access to offline music is to get a phone with bigger capacity next upgrade and sync all my songs to that. Sorted.