Sync applications from multiple...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 500sd, Oct 17, 2008.

1. 500sd macrumors member

How can I sync applications from 2 different computers? Well its the same computer but i'm dual booting vista and leopard. How can I make it so i can sync the apps onto my iphone from leopard? I have my computer sync to my windows library normally but i want both os's to be able to sync

2. 500sd thread starter macrumors member

3. davidwarren macrumors 6502a

when you hook your iphone up, right click on it and select transfer purchases before your sync.

4. 500sd thread starter macrumors member

when i clicked transfer purchases it didnt do anything..

5. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

I don't think your going to be able to do that. The iPhone (and iPods) can only be synced to one iTunes library at a time. While you are able to get around that if you want to sync Podcasts from one library, Apps from another, and Music from a third, you can't sync the same category from 2 different libraries.

That being said, the one thing I can think of that might work is if you check the box to manually move media onto your iPhone in both itunes libraries, you might be able to drag and drop apps from both onto your phone. Look on the bottom of the Summary tab next time you plug in your iPhone. Click the manual box and give it a try. Be sure to enable it on both you Windows and Mac partitions. I'm doubtful that this will work, however.

6. 500sd thread starter macrumors member

but if i check to manually manage media i would have to manually add music onto it also...gah
    well nevermind then if there is no work around ill just have to deal with it

7. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

sync everything on first, than check manual. but, it isn't an ideal situation. iPhone isn't made to be associated with different iTunes libraries, unfortunately.

8. nman040 macrumors member

You could do this:

Log in to the other person's/computer's iTunes account on your primary iphone sync computer and re-download the app that is on the computer by "buying" it again. You won't be charged- iTunes will tell you that you have already purchased the app and will ask you if you would like to download it again (again, at no charge). Finally sync the app to your iphone.

You can do this up to 5 different computers (DRM allows sharing up to 5 comps).

Don't know if this is what you're looking for. I share my paid apps with my friends using this method.

Hope this helps