Sync Bookmarks between safari and firefox

Thirteenva

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 18, 2002
Can anyone suggest a technique or application to sync bookmarks between safari and firefox? Because I use both browsers regularly and I want a way to get new bookmarks that I have in one over to the other without duplication or deletion.

Thirteenva

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 18, 2002
Does anyone know how to sync safari bookmarks between computers without .mac subscription?

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Thirteenva said:
Does anyone know how to sync safari bookmarks between computers without .mac subscription?
You'll need to decide which system has the master copy of teh bookmarks. You can copy the ~/Library/Safari/bookmarks.plist from one system to another.

It won't merge them automatically for you, but it will get all the computers in sync.

snowdog

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2004
Visby, Sweden
Have a look at "Bookit"
With all the browsers available for the Mac OS keeping your bookmarks organized can become a real problem. But with Bookit keeping your browsers' bookmarks synchronized is quick and easy. Bookit compares the bookmarks you have and then lets you synchronize the bookmarks that are not in all of your browsers. Finally, Bookit creates identical bookmark files for each browser. If you use more than one browser regularly, give Bookit a try, you'll wonder how you ever lived without it.
Homepage