Sync challenged!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by MHall0616, Aug 1, 2011.

1. MHall0616 macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_4 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8K2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Sync challenged.  Looking for help.

I have a serious need to accurately and easily coordinate contacts and calendars for work with these three: Iphone 4 , Outlook 2007, and Google.  I use Win 7 on my laptop.  So far I am getting a jumbled mess sometimes with contacts since all 3 may have different pieces of information.  Calendar is also a problem for me with many duplicate entries.

Is there a tutorial, written very clearly, step-by-step, about how to do this?

I am also confused when I go to sync my Iphone and get a message saying a certain number of conflicts but I see just one when I tap to review now, and not sure how to go on to the next conflict.

My final issue is when the sync message says for example that 25% of contacts will be changed, does this mean that 25% of what is on my laptop will be changed by syncing with the phone, or does this mean just the opposite, where 25% of what is on the phone will be changed?

Thinks very very much for any and all ideas.

WISH I could update all info on phone first then force outlook and google to accept the updates. 

2. MHall0616 thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_4 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8K2 Safari/6533.18.5)

IF there is ab app which would make all this more consistently easy pls recommend it