Sync Contact Problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by asadikin, Oct 8, 2011.

1. asadikin, Oct 8, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2011

asadikin macrumors newbie

Hi
    can someone please help me how to sync my contact from my iphone 4 to my Address Book in my MacPRO.(with condition i have no contact in my address book at all).
    everytime syncing the phone i will end up loosing all my contact in my phone.

Please help me. will be much appreciate. thanks

PS.i have also try make up 1 contact in the address books then i sync the phone but it still cost me loosing all my contact in the phone.

thanks in advance

2. tanis2116 macrumors newbie

Same--but for windows XP

I experience a similar issue and it's driving me crazy. I do all of my editing of contact information on my phone--never on my PC. I want a reliable way to back this information up and prefer to use Windows Address Book. The problem is that every time I start with blank information in WAB, instead of updating it with info from the phone, it seems to update the *iphone* with "information" from WAB (which is no information at all.) it's killing me to figure out why. Also, I am aware of one "possible" fix that others have suggested--have at least one contact in WAB. i created a test one and it didn't work. Also, I know about the selection in Itunes "Replace information on this iphone" and it is NOT selected. Can anyone help?

3. asadikin thread starter macrumors newbie

oh man means this problem not only encounter in mine. hopefully someone can help us soon

4. Justim macrumors 6502

Soon iCloud will sync all your contacts for you.

But check to make sure "sync contacts" is checked in iTunes?

5. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Correct about iCloud. But even if they select sync contacts if you do not have those contacts saved anywhere it will sync a blank contacts list.