sync contacts and calander wirelessly

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by madz, Jan 4, 2008.

1. madz macrumors newbie

Is it possible to sync my outlook contacts and calendar wirelessly on the touch?

2. OrangeCuse44 macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

3. madz thread starter macrumors newbie

4. iwannamac macrumors member

What about syncing to Google calendar? Is the only way to do it by .csv files manually? What a pain.

5. OrangeCuse44 macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

Not sure about syncing Google calendar, I just use iCal.

6. iwannamac macrumors member

7. OrangeCuse44 macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

What about windows?

8. iwannamac macrumors member

I'm a little unfamiliar with iCal. I assumed it is a program for Mac. I use Windows (for now), so I am looking for a good calendar option. It looks like the iPod Touch only syncs with Outlook. This stinks, as I don't think there's an online option with Outlook. I'd like to have something I can access online to make changes to, yet be able to sync with my iPod.

Like I said, maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about and am overlooking a really simple solution! :)

9. OrangeCuse44 macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

iCal is Mac's calendar program. Simple and effective to use. As I dont use Windows (anymore), nor have I used Outlook outside of work, I didnt even know it was compatible with the iPod. Did you try Googling for a solution?

10. iwannamac macrumors member

Yeah, I did, but mostly came up with small 3rd-party apps that are no longer supported. Oh well, I guess I need to face facts and just get a Mac. Of course, this isn't the first time I've realized that (hence the username). Unfortunately, I'm not sure if I can get my wife to buy into spending $1200 on a computer right now. Dreams, dreams. :)

11. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Check out http://www.goosync.com/

Er, n/m, they don't have wireless syncing yet, but say it will be first part of '08.