Sync Contacts n stuff through Server

Discussion in 'macOS' started by kakkoiimac, Aug 15, 2007.

1. kakkoiimac macrumors regular

hey does anyone use that mobile sync feature that is part of OS 10.4 server? I am trying it out and i am trying to use the mobile network account. However, my iCal events and contacts and stuff like that is not syncing correctly. Does anyone have any ideas how i might be able to fix this?

If not, maybe you guys know where in the home folder, these types of things are stored. I have my entire home folder set to sync with my laptop, yet these items are not syncing.

thanks for any help

2. Krevnik macrumors 68030

Krevnik

The Mobile Home syncs the files themselves, and the question is where else are you trying to login with your user? This mobile home feature will only work with the single user account, and you have to login into the same user on all machines that you wanted to sync like this. On top of that, all machines have to have the mobile home feature enabled on OS X Server so that they will pull down your home folder from the server.

3. kakkoiimac thread starter macrumors regular

right...I am using my mac pro at work and also my laptop. When at work i use that network account with the home folder saved on the server. I would like to use my laptop on the go and sync the changes made to the network acount. I do have the home folder saved on my lappy, and the desktop and docs folder sync very well, i am just having troubles with the stuff .Mac says it will sync...:confused: