Sync contacts with google and outlook?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by nippyjun, Aug 11, 2010.

1. nippyjun macrumors 65816

I currently sync my iphone contacts with outlook. I was wondering if I add an exchange account to sync my iPhone with my google contacts what will happen?

Do I need to not sync with outlook anymore or can you sync with both. ( outlook and google)

If you can sync with both are the contacts combined?

If all the contacts on the phone are removed by the google sync( which is ok with me) are the favorites removed too.

Any insights will be appreciated.

Thank you.

2. nippyjun thread starter macrumors 65816

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You can save/copy them on both I believe.
    But when you sync them back to your phone you have to pick one on the other I think.

4. nippyjun thread starter macrumors 65816

Ok, I couldn't wait so i went ahead and did it.

I origianlly had my iphone contacts sync with the contacts in outlook on my pc.

I added an exchange account on the iphone for google sync and set it to only sync contacts.

I had it delete all the contacts on my phone and then it synced all the contacts on my google account to my phone.

I hooked up the phone to itunes and under the "info" tab the sync contacts section was greyed out.

So itunes knew that i had synced with google and will no longer allow me to sync with outlook which is what i wanted anyway.

I hope this helps someone else.