Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Curtricias

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 20, 2019
Kortessem - Belgium
i have something strange with my iPhone. I selected everything I want to sync with iCloud. But yesterday after a wipe of my phone, there were only 3 contacts synchronised on my iCloud?? I restored them via my gmail contacts . What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• FF16B021-B15D-43CE-832E-3B5BD8A78313.png
    FF16B021-B15D-43CE-832E-3B5BD8A78313.png
    540.8 KB · Views: 250

Curtricias

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 20, 2019
Kortessem - Belgium
iCloud But it seems that only my contacts on my sim are getting synced. Could this be because my contacts are imported from gmail?

Attachments

• 66BA8B8C-D959-4787-BECE-58F20251AAA0.png
    66BA8B8C-D959-4787-BECE-58F20251AAA0.png
    305.7 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Yes, it is due to you importing from Gmail. There should be a contact group in Contacts for the Google contacts. And those contacts will not sync with iCloud (separate services).

If you have a PC or Mac, can sign into Google, export your contacts as a vCard file, then import that file into iCloud.com (Contacts > Gear/Settings/lower-left > Import vCard). Then can select and drag those contacts to iCloud group(s).

Can do same on Mac via the Contacts app.

ADD: There are some apps in the App Store that will do the syncing for you.

Curtricias

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 20, 2019
Kortessem - Belgium
Yes, it is due to you importing from Gmail. There should be a contact group in Contacts for the Google contacts. And those contacts will not sync with iCloud (separate services).

If you have a PC or Mac, can sign into Google, export your contacts as a vCard file, then import that file into iCloud.com (Contacts > Gear/Settings/lower-left > Import vCard). Then can select and drag those contacts to iCloud group(s).

Can do same on Mac via the Contacts app.

ADD: There are some apps in the App Store that will do the syncing for you.

Thanks! I will try that tomorrow!

m0sher

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2018
I use ‘Contacts Sync’ $4.95 lifetime app that syncs Google Contacts with Apple and vice versa from the App Store. Works like a charm.

If I ever switch from Apple to android or back all my contacts have been synced up to both now.

You can get rid of dupes and check each of them before accepting the changes.

Might want to check it out.

Contacts Sync for Google Gmail by Playa Apps
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/contacts-sync-for-google-gmail/id454390333

Last edited:
Reactions: Curtricias

Curtricias

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 20, 2019
Kortessem - Belgium
I use ‘Contacts Sync’ $4.95 lifetime app that syncs Google Contacts with Apple and vice versa from the App Store. Works like a charm.

If I ever switch from Apple to android or back all my contacts have been synced up to both now.

You can get rid of dupes and check each of them before accepting the changes.

Might want to check it out.

Contacts Sync for Google Gmail by Playa Apps
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/contacts-sync-for-google-gmail/id454390333

Thanks! This did the trick!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.