Sync Deleted App?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by YoshikiUK, Jul 8, 2009.

1. YoshikiUK macrumors newbie

Yesterday i purchased Wunder Radio directly from the app store on my touch. I sync'd it with my PC's Itunes today and it removed it (it said so at the banner at the top) and now it is no-where to be found. Not on the ipod, not under the applicaton tab on itunes, nowhere. So now i'm screwed out of £3.99.

Does anyone know ehre I can find it or has it gone forever.

2. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPod touch 32GB: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C97d Safari/528.16)

Just go back into the app store and "buy" it again. iTunes will recognise that you already bought it and let you download it again for free.

3. YoshikiUK thread starter macrumors newbie

It says am i sure i want to buy and d/l it, payment will be charged etc. Does it usually say this when d/ling for a second time.

4. philMBP macrumors 6502

Yup. Once you click buy, a second popup will appear saying that your download will be free. This is indeed confusing. I was hoping that Apple would eventually implement a tagging system in the app store to indicate apps that you've already purchased.

5. YoshikiUK thread starter macrumors newbie

6. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Remember the tip, click the app review page and if it pops
    open iTunes recognizes you as an owner (and, subsequently
    if you're not a window opens stating you must purchase the app
    to review it). You may download it again without the fear
    of being charged again.

7. slpdLoad macrumors 6502a

slpdLoad

Next time, when you're in iTunes, right click on your touch and select "transfer purchases".

8. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

You mean like they have in the iDevice's App Store (the button says "Installed" instead)? Yeah, I'm not super impressed with iTunes anymore. Can you tell?

9. philMBP macrumors 6502

Exactly like that. Just like the "installed" tag on your device, iTunes would show "purchased". This shouldn't be hard for Apple to develop given that it's just a database field. Ex: (select "purchased?" from users where username = logged-in account") You get the picture.