Sync email w outlook NOT exchange server

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rcon101, Feb 23, 2010.

1. rcon101 macrumors newbie

Having been denied access to sync with exchange server, I need to sync my iphone with my outlook so I can at least view emails on the go that were at my PC last time I docked, and draft responses to be sent when I connect my iphone back to my PC. This works flawlessly with my calendar.

this functionality is available with my old phone, I'd be shocked if its not available with my shiny new toy.

Any suggestions?

iphone 3gs iPhone OS 3.1.3

I should point out I've tried the "Mail Accounts" area of the "Info" tab in iTunes and nothing appears there, despite there being a "Mail" profile on the PC.

2. SDub90 macrumors 6502a

3. rcon101 thread starter macrumors newbie

not sure I understand the question, and I work in IT, so that makes me feel rather silly.

but here we go.

Corp environment, outlook/exchange mail setup and PC has a mail profile on it in the "Mail" area of Control Panel (I always assumed this was an IMAP profile?), but that isn't listed in the iTunes "Mail Accounts" area where I thought it would be.

4. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

I'll assume your 'old phone' was a Windows Mobile device that could access Outlook through Active Sync? There is no way that I am aware of to desktop sync the iPhone with Outlook data. Can you get access to the Exchange server while inside your company's LAN? That would at least allow you to sync while at work, even if you couldn't connect from out of the office.

IMAP is another protocol that could work (but I believe only for mail - not contacts and calendars), although I doubt your admins have enabled that if they won't allow iPhone access.

Does your office allow access to webmail through Outlook Web Access? Really all the iPhone does is access that address to retrieve mail, so if you know how to do that, you might try pointing the account there.