Sync Entourage and Apple Address Book

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kaneibert, Jan 18, 2008.

1. kaneibert macrumors newbie

I currently have data in both Entourage and Apple Address book. I am wanting to migrate over to Entourage and was going to sync the two programs to accomplish this. However before I do that, I need to understand how the data transfers. Does data from Apple Address Book overwrite data in Entourage? Is it added? Does the Entourage data overwrite the Apple Address book data?

Does anyone know or know where I can get this information?

Thanks!

Kristin

2. danny_w macrumors 601

I don't know if you can sync FROM Address Book TO Entourage. I have Entourage set to sync calendars and I get an extra calendar 'Entourage' in Address Book, but I don't remember the Address Book calendars showing up in Entourage. If it's possible I don't know how it works.

3. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

In entourage, under preferences, select "sync services" (I think that's where it is). It gives you options to sync calendars, address books, and tasks/to do list. You can choose which of those to sync.

When you activate syncing, it will ask you whether you want to sync entourage-->address book, addressbook-->entourage, or merge the two. Choose the one you want (I think you want merge). You may have to do a little cleanup, but it should work okay.

4. kaneibert thread starter macrumors newbie

5. asharom macrumors newbie

I know it's been 2 years since this post last had any action! But I wanted to ask:

Does the synch between Entourage and Address Book need to be kept 'alive' after the initial synch?

After the initial synch of course, the addresses will exist in both Entourage and Address Book.

What happens if you then turn off the Synch?

Will the addresses in Address Book 'disappear'?

Thanks.