Sync files between a Mac and Windows PC

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SeanEE89, Feb 4, 2009.

1. SeanEE89 macrumors regular

Ok so I have a macbook, and I have a desktop that I basically use as a server as well. I was just wondering if anyone knew of a way I could set up my PC and Mac to sync files? I mostly just want to sync up my Music and Photos just so I can have them up to date and backed up incase one of my computers happens to kick the bucket on me.

I don't have mobile me and I do not play on purchasing it quite yet. Also my PC is running Vista Ultimate 64-bit, and my MacBook is running Mac OSX Leopard. The PC is connected to my router via ethernet cable, and my Macbook is wireless and uses Wireless N.

2. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

Dropbox (getdropbox.com). You get 2GB of syncing free, but it's so good I paid for the upgraded 50GB version.

3. kitki83 macrumors 6502a

I use a program called Synktron which syncs directories, for me I sync Drop Box, USB drive and my laptop to have the same update files. Problem is when you delete one file make sure its not in the other areas or Syntron will put it back.

4. jbromer macrumors 6502a

jbromer

I use sync.live.com (formerly Foldershare).

It's made by microsoft, but if you excuse that, it works flawlessly and is free. I also like how if you activate remote access, you can access your files from anywhere on the internet...