Sync Files from Mac to Ipad

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Momof9, May 15, 2019.

1. Momof9 macrumors 6502

I would like to be able to sync files from my Mac to my iPad - without using iCloud. I have a 1 TB iPP so I don't want to have the huge iCloud account.

I am downloading some texture files onto my Mac, actually they go on an external drive. So I would like to be able to easily sync or transfer them to the folder on my iPad (not in the cloud). It would be nice if I could do it wirelessly. Is there anyway to do this?

Another way - sync a certain folder to an iCloud folder. Then I could drag them (or whatever) on to my iPad storage. These can be big file sizes. I want to be able to preview them better. That is why I want them on my iPad storage.

Thanks

2. hobowankenobi macrumors 6502a

Lots of ways, though most that are common require some sort of iCloud-like sync account subscription. DropBox, Box, etc.

There are some paid tools that can sync certain kinds of data too.

If you were in the market for network storage, Synology has a nice sync tool. You would have to buy and setup a NAS for storage...but once done you can sync with ease, and no monthly subscription. Also gives you a nice backup, as well as loads of other useful features.