Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tomf

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 11, 2009
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if it's possible to Sync the folder 'Documents' on my Mac Pro & my MacBook Pro? So basically when i add something to the folder on one mac, it appears in the other as well.

I do use Dropbox, but i don't like having dropbox on my MacBook Pro because it's my professional work mac, so i like to keep it free from 3rd party stuff if i can.

Any help and advice would really be appreciated,

Thank you,

Elastic

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Dropbox is the best solution I can think of. You can set up a separate Dropbox account for your business info. There's no negative effect of having a 3rd party app installed on a business computer, unless you don't own the computer and you're forbidden to install anything.

tomf

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 11, 2009
Thanks for the reply, yes i see what you mean, it is my mac book pro, i just like to keep it clear of anything like that as it is my dj computer when i dj. So the last thing i want is anything that could cause the laptop to crash or anything whilst playing.

The thing about dropbox though, is that i want to have the folder in my 'Finder', just like documents is. Is this still possible?

Thanks for your help

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008

tomf

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 11, 2009
Ah brilliant, i'll have a good look at that tonight. Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.