Sync from iPhoto fail

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by vmachiel, Feb 15, 2011.

1. vmachiel macrumors 68000

Hi,

Until today, i was always able to sync my pics from iPhoto via iTunes. Now i get this message:

The iPhone: 'Machiel's iPhone' can not be synchronized. The required file cannot be found. (translation from dutch).

This only appears when i check 'sync photos from iphoto'. I made a screenshot to: http://twitpic.com/406tms

what went wrong? The photos ARE in iphoto

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Try syncing specific album(s) of your pictures rather than all photos, albums, events, and faces. Add an album one at a time until you find an album you can't sync, then poke around in that album within iPhoto. You may find that although you can see the thumbnails, you may not be able to see the original picture when you double-click, i.e. can't open it to full size. At that point you can try rebuilding the iPhoto library or reimporting the affected pictures.

3. vmachiel thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks for the tips, unfortunately none of the albums worked, so i'm rebuilding my library. Thank god I had a back up:)